Continuing the trailblazing tradition of Dr. Jose Y. Fores
Our Services sections
The MakatiMed Department of Surgery conducted the first heart transplant in 1994, and we were the first to use Harmonic Scalpel or “Ultracision” for Mastectomy in the Philippines. Since 1991, we have done more than 3,500 laparoscopic cholecystectomies, probably the most done by any hospital in the country. On average, we carry out about 2,500 major operations every year, with a fifth done on indigent patients under our corporate social responsibility (CSR) program.
- Aesthetic surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Cardiac and thoracic surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Emergency medicine
- General surgery
- Minimally invasive endoscopic surgery
- Organ transplant surgery
- Otolaryngology (head and neck surgery, including sinus and plastic surgery)
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Surgical oncology
- Trauma and critical care surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- General and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery (for all major surgeries)
- Pediatric Surgery
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Vice Chairman and Program Coordinator: Joaquin C. Manalastas, M.D.
Training Officer: Manuel Ramon F. Sto. Domingo, M.D.
Cardiothoracic: Adrian E. Manapat, M.D.
Colorectal: Ramon S. Estrada, M.D.
General Surgery: Antonio R. Macapagal
Hepatobiliary: Catherine S.C. Teh, M.D.
Pediatric Surgery: Wilma A. Baltazar, M.D.
Peripheral Vascular: Victor L. Gisbert, M.D.
Plastic Surgery: Jorge B. Neri, MD
Urology: Stephen M. Nazareth, M.D.
Phone: +632.8888.999 locals 3045 - 3046
Location: 4/F, Tower 2